What Is Mother Therapy?

2019년 7월 16일 화요일

Review of Treatment of Tic Disorder – Part 1


I would like to share my experience, divided into 5 parts, in treating my child’s tic disorder.

Part 1. Discovery!

It was in 2016 when my first son was about 5 years old. He was about 47 months old at that time.

He often made a sound clearing his throat; I thought he as a sore throat.

I asked, “do you have a sore throat?” and he said, “I guess so.”

Hmmm? Does that mean he has a sore throat? Or not?

I made him drink warm water very often. I gave him everything that I heard it was good for the throat like, concentrated pear & balloon flower roots, honey, etc. However, there was no change. He did not have a fever as well.

So, I took him to a pediatrician; the doctor said his throat was fine. I took him to an ENT doctor; there, the doctor also said nothing was wrong.

My child kept making the wound more often.

I asked him, “why do you keep making the throat-clearing sound?”

He said, “I don’t know.” Sometimes, he didn’t even remember that he made the sound.
I didn’t know when he usually made the sound. Literally, he kept making the sound all day long.

It really distracted me. The sound was almost driving me crazy as if I was so much sensitive to sound.

Oh, wait…. could this be……possibly…’ tic disorder’?

As soon as I had come to think of the possibility of tic disorder, my heart was about to be broken.

I started online searching all day long and joined well-known online communities as well to check if my child has a tic disorder. Yes, I was right; my kid has a tic disorder.
What should I do?

I never expected anything like a tic disorder would appear to my child.

My mind was so complicated; I wanted to cry. What should I do…? (to be continued)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기