What Is Mother Therapy?

2019년 7월 16일 화요일

Review of Treatment of Developmental Disorder – 1. I noticed my child’s problem


I have two sons who are so out of control.

Even though they both are my children, they are totally different. One is like a puppy, clinging to me; the other is like a cat, doing things in his own way.

Since the pregnancy of my first child, I have been suffering from an emotional disorder. I temporarily overcame the emotional disorder after my first child was born and took good care of him to some extent until he was 3. He is somewhat smart and growing without a hitch.

The problem was my second child. He had to see his unstable mother ever since he was very young as the emotional disorder that I thought I overcame recurred.

He had to go to Daycare Center when he was 6 months old because I was a working mother; he seemed to have no problem with playing alone. Compared to the first child clinging to me way too much, I thought the second child was very docile; I felt there was no need to have playing time with him.

And I often had emotional outburst in front of him. Although I did not express my emotions directly to him, I cried and shouted out loud beside him who was staring at me. I was so out of mind that I couldn’t even worry about him.

One day, my anger that had been accumulated burst out at the first child’s small prank. I yelled out so loud; the second child who was just crawling ran and clang to me. The little baby was petrified and ran to me who yelled out, which was so sobering.

Since that moment, he freaked out and rant to me whenever he heard a loud noise or sound until last year when he was 3 years old.

I felt something was wrong with the second child when he was 2 and a half years old. He was supposed to respond, either giving a response or looking at me at least when he heard, but he rarely responded when I called his name. The result of his hearing test was normal. I really started feeling something was wrong. I first suspected him having autism, but I just waited because he was still so young.

As he became 3 years old, his teacher at the parent-teacher conference said to me, ‘he rarely responds to his name. Even if he does, that is only when he wants to respond. You need to make eye contacts with him a lot.’

Although I finished the conference with a smile, my heart was breaking. I was really confused when the feeling that something could be wrong with my child obtained objectivity. However, I braced myself as I listened to forums related to children’s developmental disorders among psychological forums of Korea Institute of Psycho-education.

What was so impressive to me was that my child will be a child with the developmental disorder as soon as I consider him that he has a developmental disorder.
I have made up my mind to do my best to make special memories with my child who stopped his own time of growing for about 3 years after he was born, which is different from other children. What made a deep impression on my mind was that my child will be a child with the developmental disorder as soon as I consider him that he has a developmental disorder.

I have made up my mind to do my best to make special memories with my child who stopped his own time of growing for about 3 years after he was born, which is different from other children.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기